Super slow EGO correction individual cyl wideband

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Super slow EGO correction individual cyl wideband

Post by nvr2fst »

Hi,

I have tried many ways to increase the EGO correction speed for wide open throttle but can't seem to nail it down.
The car makes a ton of power and it revs quickly but there has to be some way to use it more effectively. With the authority table set to 0 under boost, the tune is spot on but I want it as a safety and to trim the small amount necessary when temps change and etc.
When I give it a few % authority it initially leans the car out and is really slow about adding it back. If it leans it out 3% at throttle tip I will be shifting before it has added that fuel back leaving the car lean the whole pull. What am I missing here? Is it because I am using individual cylinder control? Does that slow down the correction or am I simply using it wrong?

Tune and a log can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/08acqkxaz8xe ... Ehbsa?dl=0
vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Super slow EGO correction individual cyl wideband

Post by vw_chuck »

Yea I noticed that also. I am in third gear before it decides to make the next step change. As far as I can tell it is a useless feature in hi HP cars unless you can get it controlling at a 1 ms rate.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Reduce the number of ignition events per step; that makes it update faster.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
nvr2fst
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nvr2fst »

Matt Cramer wrote:Reduce the number of ignition events per step; that makes it update faster.
Hi Matt,

I have tried as low as 8 events per step. I can go lower if you think it helps but I couldn't get it to stabilize. If I set the Ign events super low, Idle AFR swings up and down like crazy. I haven't been able to find a useful method.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

This is a case where you have a balancing act between correcting too slowly and having the correction outrun the sensor.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X