MS3 Gold new installation problems - Solved

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

zracer
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 Gold new installation problems - Solved

Post by zracer »

MS3 Gold Box with LS harness and TCU unit. It is in the car now and I am having some issues I'm hoping are no brainers. Motor is an LS 4.8L out of a 2007 Express and has the cam sensor in the back like a gen3. BTR stage 2 turbo cam and springs. I added a fuel pressure sensor on O2 #2, 210lb injectors, took the ev1 connectors off and crimped on new ev14 ends, no o2 hooked up yet as turbo is not installed, and a 3bar map. Using Tunerstudio. I am using the USB connection port which has worked fine as far as I can tell.

Issue 1 was injector 7 was always on and filled the cylinder with fuel. Power to signal wire measurement on plug was reading around 10k oms so I presumed I pinched the wire or something. I ran a new temporary wire and the injector was no longer on all the time. This fixed it.

Issue 2 is the motor won't fire. I increased the cranking pulse width to 300, it's 50F here now with no change. Various amount of throttle, no change. Threw some starter fluid in it, no change. Pulled plugs they are dry. Ran Output Test inj and spark. I only tried coil A on cylinder 1 and get no spark. I tried all the injectors one at a time and only injector E on cylinder 6 pulsed. Reflashed the gold box with 1.4.1 firmware from the USB Stick with no change.

I would have thought test mode would have at least let me trigger everything, not sure where to go next. I'll speak with EFISource Monday but would love to troubleshoot this further.
Attachments
2017-10-01_10.32.06.msl
(167.53 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
CurrentTune_zracer.msq
(274.07 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Last edited by zracer on Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
zracer
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3 Gold new installation problems

Post by zracer »

Problem has been solved. EFISource was very helpful. I had the motor output black connector in the microsquirt transmission controller port. Swapped the connectors and it fired at key turn.