ms3+extra nb O2 sensor warm up connection?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nipponi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

ms3+extra nb O2 sensor warm up connection?

Post by nipponi »

I have -97 Nissan Almera gti and I´m trying to figure out oem+ms3 wiring.
Is it possible to use one of those unused injection pins on msx to drive o2 sensor warm up?
Oem installation gave 0-12V from ecu to heating depending conditions.
Above 3200rpm heater was off and below that on.
Heaters resistance is 3,3-6,3 ohms @ 25deg.C
From msx injection output, do I need resistor for this heater?
Ms mainboard output works without(??) resistor, just plug heaters wire into main harness pin 32-35??
Ts settings to activate these pins are PT1 and PT2?

I misinterpret my wiring schematics and it seems that heating power comes from fuse box and oem ecu grounds that, so it is possible to control heating thru ms mainboard injection output without any extra resistors? Right??
Last edited by nipponi on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan Almera Gti -97. Ms3+extra Flex fuel project.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3+extra nb O2 sensor warm up connection?

Post by billr »

Is that an OEM narrow-band O2 sensor you are trying to connect? A NB sensor is relatively useless for what you will be doing, don't bother with it. A wide-band will have its own new powering requirements that are essentially external to the MS ECU.
nipponi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nipponi »

Unfortunately I have to use that oem nb sensor for now because at the moment I´m out of job and have no money to buy that wb sensor and its controller.
I know that when using ethanol you have to use wb O2 sensor for best results but what can you do if there is´t any "spare" money for necessary parts... :cry: :roll:
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I understand the need to be frugal and not get a WB right now. My point is to not bother trying to connect the NB, it will be useless; don't waste the time and little money it will take.
nipponi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by nipponi »

I´m not been cheap ass, just simply don´t have that kind of money right now to buy wb sensor and controller.
At the moment my income is a round 380€/month and those sensors+controllers cost here around +200€ so...
That´s why I need to use parts I already have and use more time to make it work. Time I have, money don´t.
As soon as I get more money, I will buy that wideband for sure.
But till that day comes....
I would really appreciate if someone could verify my assumptions about my wiring.
I tried to search posts about it with no luck.
Mot check is closing in, so I need to get my car running quite soon, preferably by the end of this week so I have enough time for tuning.
Wiring is almost done, only needs couple ground connections, coil install and wiring, double check everything and see if it will run.
I am also interested in those cheap (Chinese) rtc modules which can be used in Arduinos etc.
Ordered one, cost only 2-3€.
Is there any instructions anywhere how to program these to make it work in ms?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Just put the existing NB relay coil in parallel with your fuel-pump relay coil, driven from the MS fuel-pump output. That's assuming those two relays are typical automotive types with coils that only draw 100-200mA. Yes, an unused mainboard injector driver could probably be used, but why bother learning how to set that up?
MegaMicra
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by MegaMicra »

My Nissan Micra has the same setup. You are correct that the ecu grounds the heaters to make them work. Maybe you can run without the heaters. Early Nissan nb sensors didn't have them. At least on the Micra anyway.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk