fuel injectors not firing ms3pro

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

enfini-fc
MS/Extra Newbie

fuel injectors not firing ms3pro

Post by enfini-fc »

so i have been tuning my car, got the engine to free rev, starts easy, auto tune has been cleaning and making the maps smooth. finally took a chance to get plates put on the car after 5 years. i left for 2 weeks, finally have nice days from the rain to go drive it; does not start. i checked coils and they are humming in test mode, checked for constant voltage at injectors, that's ok. ran the injector test, solenoids don't seem to be clicking. i have good constant cranking rpm pulled spark plugs they are dry, no fuel seems to be injected. it sits in the garage with battery disconnected. the only thing i am having a hard time with finding information is the leds on the ms3 box that light up. I have 4 green and a red, and i am pretty sure they all are supposed to be green. any info would be a great help. I am going to go through and make sure all the ecu grounds are tight and i am hoping its something along the lines of that. just don't see what could have happened ill attach a log if people think that would help, i just don't understand and being a mechanic its hard to swallow something just failed or came loose on something that just sits.

ms3pro ultimate with service update

thanks for information in advance.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: fuel injectors not firing ms3pro

Post by jsmcortina »

:msq:
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
enfini-fc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by enfini-fc »

decided not to burn the car down....

finally found the information on leds on case, that all seems good
Attachments
notstarting.msq
MSQ
(285.15 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
notstarting.msl
MSL
(192.14 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sensor readings look OK. Have you confirmed you have 12V power to the injectors with the key on and engine off?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
enfini-fc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by enfini-fc »

Matt Cramer wrote:Sensor readings look OK. Have you confirmed you have 12V power to the injectors with the key on and engine off?
yes, I had battery voltage 12.

I sent in a claim to diy, hopefully i hear something back.
anakin
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by anakin »

Hi all,

Same problem here since 25 Sept.

This issue occurred with my friends car in which was installed the MS3 Pro Ultimate ecu.

We communicate with Matt via e-mail and under RMA process we sent the ecu back to US for further investigation on the injector outputs.

See below message we sent explaining the problem:
Hello,

I have just filled in the requested RMA form in order MS3pro ULTIMATE to be returned to your premises for free warranty repair.

Also please have in mind the following problem that i am dealing with MS ecu since yesterday and after of total 2 hours working in my car with no problem at all:

My current issue with the MS3 pro ultimate unit in which i am struggling to find a logical solution with is that I measure a constant 12v on the injector plug (on all fuel injectors outputs A to H) on both wires with ignition key in on position.

All ground wires from the ecu is connected to ground and double checked along with overall the wiring harness at my car.

If I disconnect the injector plug from the injector and put in a led lamp it blinks just fine, but when the injector plug is connected the injectors are refusing to work.

The setup has been runned fine for approximately 2 hours total.

Please be so kind to check all injectors transistors as well because i strongly believe that the problem is there and a damage to them it will be the more logical solution why suddenly the ecu is not grounding the injectors outputs at all.
I have also found this post from a guy which is having the same problem with the MS3 Pro Ultimate ecu: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 88#p513388

Best Regards
Kyriakos
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

enfini-fc wrote: I sent in a claim to diy, hopefully i hear something back.
If you haven't heard back from me yet as of this morning, PM me your email address.
enfini-fc
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by enfini-fc »

Matt Cramer wrote:
enfini-fc wrote: I sent in a claim to diy, hopefully i hear something back.
If you haven't heard back from me yet as of this morning, PM me your email address.
yes i have been in contact ecu shipped just the other day.

Thankyou
Slowjoe93
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Slowjoe93 »

Why wasn’t a solution ever posted after. I’m having the same problem. Car started I was working on time then it just shut off. The injectors aren’t firing. None of my injector outputs to include the i/j that turn on a small fan and water pump aren’t working at all under the test portion. It’s so discouraging when the solution isn’t posted after for others.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Not sure on the first one. Anakin's was a variant of the TSB #1 issue:

https://www.ampefi.com/wp-content/uploa ... 051517.pdf

That issue was unique to the MS3Pro Ultimate and almost exclusive to units built in the first half of 2017 - later MS3Pro Ultimates added extra overvoltage protection. If you have one that was covered by TSB 1 and somehow escaped getting sent in for the fix, please contact the DIYAutoTune / AMP EFI team directly.