Flat shift boost issue

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lexinz82
MS/Extra Newbie

Flat shift boost issue

Post by lexinz82 »

Hello! I'm struggling with a boost level lowering during flat shift . My goal is to keep my boost or even rise it up during flat shifting but unfortunately it lowers. You can see that on the picture attached - the yellow line describes the problem. Is there way to fix that? Thanks a lot.
Attachments
boost.png
boost.png (17.12 KiB) Viewed 340 times
vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Flat shift boost issue

Post by vw_chuck »

Probably needs some timing retard during the flat shift to keep the boost up.
ekam99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Flat shift boost issue

Post by ekam99 »

Greetings to the community,

As we try to resolve this issue with TS together, let me rephrase the question.

As seen in the pic, boost drops for about 280 ms and then it takes about another 250 -280 ms to reach the target back again. Another issue is the rpm oscillation after clutch reengages.

With the settings available we can only set the retard in the soft limit zone. And it's useless. We are somewhat certain that both of these issues could be resolved with a strategy where a massive retard applied. No fuel or spark cut. This would significantly lowering the torque (so rpm are steady or drop down) but keep turbo alive. (This method was applied in the custom rom of the motronic based ecu)

regular approach (from the top: MAP, tps, rpm/100, crank accel (rpm/ms))

mixed approach

Is there a walk-around with a given options or maybe this (retard with no cuts) should be added to the flat shift settings?! Thanks a lot.