inj duty cycle issue possibly

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

inj duty cycle issue possibly

Post by jsimmons »

ok so I went to the dyno and during the dyno runs I was seeing 55-57% duty cycle in my logs. my last pass at the track I was seeing a peak of 49% or so. the weird thing that doesn't add up is that we only picked up 6 hp on the dyno from my pervious tune that was ran at the track. this amount of duty cycle increase doesn't add up to me. looking at fuel air correction and total fuel correction the numbers are all different from run to run and I cant figure out what is causing the change. if anyone wouldn't mind looking through my logs and tune to help me figure out if there is an issue or if there is something going on in the backround of my tune that I'm not aware of that could be causing that large of an increase in duty cycle. this car runs on methanol and I plan on adding a turbo down the road so this is the reason for such large injectors.

log 134 is at the track, don't mind the rpm flair on shift, I'm working on getting that fixed.
log 149 is on the dyno
Attachments
2017-10-14_18_134modified.msl
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
2017-10-27_12_149modified.msl
(616.79 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
afterdyno.msq
(273.46 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: inj duty cycle issue possibly

Post by jsimmons »

unfortunately for some reason it did not log fuel pressure for some reason. I must have unselected it at some point in the logged fields. I know this would make things harder to diag.
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

I should also add that I changed warm up and enrichment settings in the very last column from 102 to 100 last night not sure if it's saved into that tune or not that I posted
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

that would be the 40* difference in air temp
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

Ah okay I didn't think it was going to make that big of a difference though. I thought that could be it but I just wasn't sure