MS3 Trigger Issues - RPM Loss - Updated

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

afrsamurai
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 Trigger Issues - RPM Loss - Updated

Post by afrsamurai »

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to look at my post. This is my first post on here as I am a fairly new MS user. I have tuned a few MS3s but have not had to do much in the way of diagnostics.

I am hoping you can give some insight on a problem I am having and point me in the right direction.

I am having issues with a trigger.

The car is a J35Z3 Honda V6.

It is running a 60-2 crank trigger and a 6-2 cam trigger (so I understand but in the current tune the cam trigger is not being used)

I was getting trigger errors after extended cranking when using the cam sensor for COP operation. I tested without the CAM (switching to COP waste spark) and did not get any trigger errors. The car is set up to run batch fire and COP waste spark.

I can get the car to now start and run but it looses crank signal the moment it hits about 1000rpm. I can keep the car running as the car runs again after the idle speed drops.

This seems to me like an issue with the VR conditioning, but it is my understanding that when running the CAM and Crank through the JS10 the VR conditioner is not being use?

The ECU is a MS3 with a JS10 board. The JS10 board did show some signs of mild corrosion on it...

I have spoken with a person who has done many jseries swaps with megasquirt and tried his supplied trigger information with no avail. I believe this is a wiring or ecu issue, but I would appreciate any input before I move forward.

Hopefully with your expert help I can solve this problem efficiently.

I have attached a trigger scope, a log file, and the MS file for your information.

Thank you again for your help.
Attachments
COP Waste.msq
(236.81 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
2017-11-12_18.58.41.msl
(636.81 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
Crank Trigger Logging.csv
(51.98 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
afrsamurai
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3 Trigger Issues - RPM Loss - Updated

Post by afrsamurai »