MS3PRO EVO digital frequency inputs

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Tim C
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3PRO EVO digital frequency inputs

Post by Tim C »

This is my first experience with megasquirt so sorry if this is common knowledge but Ive read the ms3pro evo pdf until I'm cross eyed and Im a little confused still.

Are the shielded digital frequency in 1 vr and 3 vr the same inputs as digital frequency in 1 and 3 unshielded? In other words, if I hook a vr abs sensor to digital frequency 1 VR which is a separate purple and white wire in a shield going to pins 34 and 34 of the grey connector, can I still use the digital frequency in 1 which is a single purple wire with a white stripe going to pin 28 of the grey connector for a different frequency input such as a gm maf? Or does using one of them negate the use of the other?

So basically are there 5 digital frequency inputs:
digital freq 1 VR (shielded)
digital freq 1 (unshielded)
digital freq 2 (unshielded)
digital freq 3 VR (shielded)
digital freq 3 (unshielded)

or just 3:
digital freq 1 (either shielded or unshielded)
digital freq 2
digital freq 3 (either shielded or unshielded)

Still working out the harness and diybob adapter so I havent even powered up the megasquirt or installed tunerpro yet so I have no msq or datalogs.

Thanks in advance
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3PRO EVO digital frequency inputs

Post by Matt Cramer »

It's either-or. You can use the VR input (shielded) or the square wave (unshielded) on a given channel, but not both at once.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Tim C
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3PRO EVO digital frequency inputs

Post by Tim C »

Matt Cramer wrote:It's either-or. You can use the VR input (shielded) or the square wave (unshielded) on a given channel, but not both at once.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk