tacho error: tach out or spark a

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

darthmayndawg
Helpful MS/Extra'er

tacho error: tach out or spark a

Post by darthmayndawg »

I just purchased Tunerstudio MS upgrading from Lite so I have autotune features and i do not blow up motor.

Upon opening TS I get
"Settings Error, Conflict with Tacho Output - pin already in use by - spark outputs"

Sounds like an easy fix. I read the Manual and i am using an MSD Box and it says use
"Pin 26 connect to white wire MSD box" and "Set Spark hardware to Tacho"

Tachometer Output Option in Basic Load and Settings only gives me certain options mainly Tacho-I leave it on-to not screw anything up.

So i go to PIN ON/OFF List
MS3X, SPKa etc - Tacho
and
Tacho Output - Tacho

And i read somewhere set Spark A as Tacho

This is for my FIRST START and I'ma noob can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or missing. I will gladly explain my build upon a reply Thanks in advance.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: tacho error: tach out or spark a

Post by elutionsdesign »

Please explain your build, include the tune file you have at this point.

So the conflict is the tacho, it is normally used to supply a signal to a factory or other tachometer but you are using it (correctly) to run an MSD ignition box so under Basic/Load Settings, tacho output set it to OFF. That will resolve the conflict, do a power cycle after.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
darthmayndawg
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darthmayndawg »

Hello Thanks for the input.

Ford 302
Single Coil MSD Blaster
MSD 6AL-2
Mallory Electronic Dis (3 wire hall)
Batch Fire
19 lb. injectors
Megasquirt MS3x with Bluetooth
DIY 36-1 trigger w/ DIY Tooth Sensor TDC sits at 50 degrees.

I'm using a file a gentleman gave me a long time ago from his 306 configuration that I had to obviously change displacement and injectors.
darthmayndawg
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darthmayndawg »

Also I am at work at the moment and will gladly enter tune once I get home so you guys can check it out ... MUCH APPRECIATED
darthmayndawg
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darthmayndawg »

bluefalcon_1_8_2018.msq
(194.07 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
here is the file.

I ran test modes and turned on injectors and they would click, then later on nothing turned on, I'm guessing low battery voltage so i threw the pulse charger on.
Again, I am a noob and getting the fan and pump relays to make sense to me (the wiring) kicks my butt. (I'ma Marine, so far everything has been Marine-proof, until the easy stuff...)