sync counter constant cycling

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

sync counter constant cycling

Post by darkstar42 »

well here i am with another weird issue....

93 Rx7 rotary....i can't get this thing to start to save my life, if you look at the log you should notice the sync counter is constantly cycling, i have tried a bunch of things to remedy this issue and seem to be at a lose, thanks to anyone with a idea, i have no issue with checking, double checking, and then checking again so lets hear those ideas. while cranking this thing does really want to start, its about as close to a start but just won't have it.
Attachments
fdrx7.msq
(274.3 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
fdrx7cranking.msl
(224.13 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: sync counter constant cycling

Post by Matt Cramer »

That is generally a sign of a problem with the crank or cam input. Can you post up a composite log of what's going on? This will give more info about those signals.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

thanks Matt, i don't know how many times you've help me, but i can't thank you enough. Mucho Respecto!!!
its kinda funny because i also have a fc rx7 with the exact issue but that one will start. i'm also back at that 96 bronco so i'll probably be emailing you about that one again in the near future.

James
Attachments
fdrx7composit.csv
(63.03 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
fdrx7trigger.csv
(76.64 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
fdrx7tooth.csv
(73.32 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

OK. What's going on is that you are getting some extra noise pulses in the CMP signal - but the current code is able to distinguish the noise from the real signal and maintain sync. The lost sync counts up so that you know something is happening.
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

So would the noise filter take care of it? I have never had to use the filter and I did try it on this car, I usually just beat up the wiring until I get it working and I won't lie I used the factory wiring up to the point it passes through the fire wall so I'm thinking I should just run my own wires.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

It's not a huge deal, but you may want to try using the VR trim pots to clean up the last bit of noise.