Startup and dies after upgrade to MSPNP Pro 99 Miata

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

imaplt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Startup and dies after upgrade to MSPNP Pro 99 Miata

Post by imaplt »

Hello all, I have been running the MS2 for some time with great success. I wanted some of the features of the MS3 so I upgraded. For the most part love it but I am having trouble on the startup. It will startup and then after a couple of seconds die. I can try again and it will run..sometimes..and sometimes die unless I add throttle. I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks and just can't figure out what is going on.
I have attached my tune as well as two logs. The first one is the first startup this morning where it dies after first try and then try again and it runs. The second one is after that where it starts and stays running. The big difference between my new setup and old is that in previous startup it would start and the immediately settle into the CLI ramp. With this setup it starts, dies or drops, pops up and then settles into CLI.

I have noticed in both that sometimes it will just idle at like 2k and I have to shut engine off to stop it. Seems to happen more when engine is cold. Would be nice to solve this one.

Note: I do not have a intercooler yet and do suffer from heat soak. Working on that.

Some additional questions are:

1) I see references to High and slow acceleration and deceleration settings. I see only slow and one of the slow indicates setting for fast, I believe.
2) Setting dead time does not seem possible. Not sure where to adjust it to graph injector dead times.

Would appreciate any help!

MSPNP Pro Version 1.51
99 Miata Turbo.

Chris
Attachments
2018-01-22_08.04.27.msq
Current Tune
(276.32 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
2018-01-22_Startup_1.msl
1st Startup starts and then dies twice
(282.94 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
2018-01-22_Startup_2.msl
2nd startup starts and runs but does the drop thing
(166.11 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Startup and dies after upgrade to MSPNP Pro 99 Miata

Post by Matt Cramer »

Mostly, it just looks like you'll need a few tweaks to the idle air control settings (less crank to run taper time?) and afterstart enrichment.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
imaplt
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Startup and dies after upgrade to MSPNP Pro 99 Miata

Post by imaplt »

Thanks Matt but I have changed that from 2-5 and back and added +10 and +15 to ASE and does not seem to make much difference. And that is above what was set in my MS2. Could they be that different?

Any input on the slow/fast accel/decell settings?

Chris