Fuel Pump no longer prime or ground while cranking.

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

IRApTOIR
MS/Extra Newbie

Fuel Pump no longer prime or ground while cranking.

Post by IRApTOIR »

Thanks in advance for your time guys.
Ive been using megasquirt of a few years on my cars. Ive never wired the fuel pump to the ecu, so this is a new issue for me.
I'm currently using a MS3x, have wired the fuel pump relay correctly with ecu, fuel pump output grounding my fuel pump relay.
The fuel pump has been priming fine when key on all week. I've been slowly working at a tune, all of a sudden it stoped working after no mechanic changes to the setup at all. the car has been running all week so it was previously fine.

I decided to go to the on and off test parameters under the CAN BUS section within tunerstuidio. The fuel pump works perfectly fine during test mode.
Next step I took was to update the firmware within my megasquirt, once megasquirt had loaded new firmware, fuel pump primed then the install wizard reflashed my old tune. Then nothing from the fuel pump again.

I have a feeling i may have somehow changed a setting in tunerstudio in regards to fuel pump on parameters. From what i have read i don't believe there is such a thing.

Any suggestions?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Fuel Pump no longer prime or ground while cranking.

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please upload the tune that's giving you trouble. That will give us more to go on.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X