Add new channel

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

TheTech78
MS/Extra Newbie

Add new channel

Post by TheTech78 »

Looking at a way to add exhaust back pressure compensation to the wideband signal. Would it be possible to do this using the add new channel function and creating an inc file? Beings it is not a linear correction I do not think I would be able to do it under the basic tab and honestly I do not know if my math skills are were they need to be to do it by writing a single equation under the advance tab as it does not follow the same arc. in section 3.3 of this link shows the basis of the of the correction. Thank you for your input. Trying to see what I can do to keep the current wideband set up and not have to swap it out for a new set up going on a customers car. http://www.academia.edu/2762271/Bosch_4 ... Chip_Board

Edited as I forgot to link the information.
vw_chuck
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Add new channel

Post by vw_chuck »

I can't open your link but all you need to do is plot the points in excel and then add a trend line. Then select what kind of curve that will fit your points that you plotted and then click "show equation on chart" it will spit out the equation for you. Then take that equation and use it in the advanced tab. That is the simplest way for figuring non linear stuff out.