boost control solenoid choice

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Red_bull
Helpful MS/Extra'er

boost control solenoid choice

Post by Red_bull »

Hello guys,

I am looking to convert my megasquirt to boost control. As i was searching for hardware (solenoid) i came across like 100 options solenoids. At the moment i am looking into OEM pierburg. Is there one common in use, so settings are known? does anybody know if these Pierburg sensors share the same hardware? Many of them look the same with different connectors on them. So for example can i use the pierburg OEM solenoid with settings of a volvo for a VAG one?

Do i have to be carefull for going with the cheapest OEM one? Like for example that it can't handle enough boost?

Cheapest i have found till now is the one used by VAG group "PIERBURG - Ref: 7.00470.07.0" here in the netherlands selling for €16, so i am thinking of giving that a try. It's a pretty recent developed item as it features from 2005-2012. However as boost control is pretty vital i might go for a bit more expensive just to be sure.
yzn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: boost control solenoid choice

Post by yzn »

The MAC Boost solenoid is a popular choice can be found on ebay for nearly 40$, mine works great no. BCS 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA