6 wire stepper IAC/ECU control alternator

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bloodfilledwater
MS/Extra Newbie

6 wire stepper IAC/ECU control alternator

Post by bloodfilledwater »

In the build manual, it shows a 4 wires stepper motor to be install...etc. How would a 6 wire stepper motor be wired to the PCB? I'm using a MS2 v3.0 PCB. Also, is there any to have MS control the alternator or would I need to have the MS be piggy backed off the stock ECU to control that?
1990 Probe GL-T | Stock 2.2L 4 cyl F2 | 8.6:1 Compression | 460cc injectors | 255LPH Walbro Fuel Pump | .50 trim T3/T04E turbo | 38mm external wastegate | Wideband o2 | RRFPR | Megasquirt II v3.0 PCB | MSExtra 3.2.1 Code
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 6 wire stepper IAC/ECU control alternator

Post by Matt Cramer »

bloodfilledwater wrote:In the build manual, it shows a 4 wires stepper motor to be install...etc. How would a 6 wire stepper motor be wired to the PCB? I'm using a MS2 v3.0 PCB.
The center taps go to 12V and each end of the coil goes to the IAC outputs - IAC1A and 1B on the end of one coil, IAC2A and 2B on the end of the other.
Also, is there any to have MS control the alternator or would I need to have the MS be piggy backed off the stock ECU to control that?
Currently there are no alternator control provisions. You may use an external voltage regulator instead of the stock ECU, like one off many '70s era Ford or Chrysler products.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X