Wiring Diagram Check

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

luxmoggy
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Wiring Diagram Check

Post by luxmoggy »

Well it cost me a beer at lunchtime, but I got a colleague who is into electronics. He said the second is a low-pass filter. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-pass_filter
It will help to filter out noise that we can pickup on the cables.
Learn something new everyday,
Chris_rx8
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Chris_rx8 »

Can someone answer what is possibly a dumb question I'm wiring up a MS2 to run on a jag XJ6 and in need of some guidance, in the schematic diagram at the start of this thread its showing the shield of the twisted pair between the edit and MS being connected both at the edis on connection 7 and then on MS on terminal 2 is this correct as all the other diagrams I have seen show the shield only connected on Edis unit, as you can tell I'm no electronics so apologies to all you electronics guys who are chuckling away.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

A screen in this sort of use is only connected at one end. Just best practice to prevent the possibility of creating a ground loop.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Chris_rx8
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Chris_rx8 »

DaveEFI wrote:A screen in this sort of use is only connected at one end. Just best practice to prevent the possibility of creating a ground loop.
Dave thanks
I said it was a daft question but I did think that the diagram was miss leading I will connect mine just to one end for the shield

Could I ask one other question is 25 capacitor which is shown, as I read it was to control the voltage but some sources say its not required, my capacitor I got from a Ford car is 20 would this work if I do need one?

Thanks
Chris