Fidle generic output not working (MS3x+JimStim)

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

David_G
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by David_G »

Hi @ all

I just finished building my MS3x for my '99 Miata using a great wirteup from a member of miataturbo.net
As with MS3x, many components of the V3 Mainboard are not needed, my board looks like this: Image

The only output I'm using on the Mainboard is Fuel Pump.
But now I wanted to add Fidle as generic output, mainly just to try it out but also to have an additional output over those from the MS3x in case I need one in the future.

I read through the assembly guide at msextra.com which told me to solder in further 4 parts. Q4, Q20, R39, D8
I did that but when I set Fidle as generic output, the Fidle LED on the JimStim still is not lighting up.

I attached my current.msq, using TunerStudio v2.5.05 with MS3 Release 1.3.0

Can somebody please tell me what I did wrong? Did I miss some more parts to solder in to make this work?

Thanks, David
David_G
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by David_G »

Hi @ all

I just finished building my MS3x for my '99 Miata using a great wirteup from "WestfieldMX5"
As with MS3x, many components of the V3 Mainboard are not needed, my board looks like this:

The only output I'm using on the Mainboard is Fuel Pump.
But now I wanted to add Fidle as generic output, mainly just to try it out but also to have an additional output over those from the MS3x in case I need one in the future.

I read through the assembly guide at msextra.com which told me to solder in 4 further parts. Q4, Q20, R39, D8
I did that but when I set Fidle as generic output, the Fidle LED on the JimStim still is not lighting up.

I attached my current.msq, using TunerStudio v2.5.05 with MS3 Release 1.3.0

Can somebody please tell me what I did wrong? Did I miss some more parts to solder in to make this work?

Thanks, David
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Fidle generic output not working (MS3x+JimStim)

Post by elutionsdesign »

Forgot R19.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
David_G
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by David_G »

Yiehaa, it works!!

Thanks a lot!

A different question: Is there any possibility to have an analogue 0-5V output?
I would like to output the MAP Signal from the internal MPX 4250 to an external MAP Gauge wich is pre-set to its own 0-5V Sensor, which is why i need to make some kind of conversion.
franksidebike
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by franksidebike »

Hi David
David_G wrote: I read through the assembly guide at msextra.com which told me to solder in further 4 parts. Q4, Q20, R39, D8

Look here http://www.msextra.com/doc/general/ms3v3schems.html (Output other)

I missed R19 :lol:
Frank
David_G
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by David_G »

Ah thats where R19 comes from, nice!
Next time I will have a look at those schematics first :RTFM:

Thanks again!