VRin / VRout testing - Tachselect questions- LS1 MS2 v3.0

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

GTTO
MS/Extra Newbie

VRin / VRout testing - Tachselect questions- LS1 MS2 v3.0

Post by GTTO »

Wondering if anyone could direct me in troubleshooting something with my VR sensor and possibly an issue with my board. I was gearing up for start up last night and wasnt able to get a rpm signal.
MS2 V3.0 -Wasted spark ls1 (A,B,C,D) all functioning during spark test mode. Injectors all work and its now getting exciting.

I have wired my board for VR input. Done the jumpers from Tachselect to VRIN VROUT to Tsel. I wired my sensor up which was easy, (Dark Blue To MS White CKP+ / Yellow (low ref) to Black CKP - / Green to Switched 12v power) and i'm using a diyautotune harness with the sheilded pair. I've messed with the pots countless times, have them at the settings listed in the manual. Checked for solder bridges between q22 and q23. Pulled out C32 based on the troubleshooting guide.

After searching for several hours last night and today to see if anyone else has had the symptoms i have. I found one test that said checking the VRin vs VRout you can supply 5v or 12v to VRIN and should read the same on VRout. Same with ground. Well doing this test mine does NOT read the same infact my reason for posting is this:

When plugged into the megastim and my rpm pot is on it will show a range in voltage from 5 -12 at Tachselect and also VRin (being that they are jumper-ed together.) When i test VRout or Tsel i get a reading of 0.16 all the time. I can vary the power or even shut it off via the megastim and i still read 0.16v on VRout. So where do i go from here?? VRoutinv shows a reading around 5v and that doesn't seem to change at all either.
GTTO
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: VRin / VRout testing - Tachselect questions- LS1 MS2 v3.

Post by GTTO »

Just to follow up two things:

I was testing with a megastim, and it seemed strange that VRout wasnt changing based on VRin. Maybe that doesnt really matter. That was partially the reason for this post was to get any knowledge of if i doing and accurate test or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Then After spending a bunch of time going thru the board and testing with the stim and making sure things were good i found out that i wasn't getting power during cranking. :( Not sure how i missed that, but the new little fuse panel i added with the main relay coming in had switched power not while cranking.

Anyway it appears i have checked off one problem. And i do have RPM!