MS2/Extra DB37 Grounding Question

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

MS2/Extra DB37 Grounding Question

Post by Rick Finsta »

The MS2/Extra manual shows pins 14-19 as grounded directly to the engine, and nothing coming out of pins 9 & 10 on the DB37, HOWEVER, the resets section of the MS2/Extra Tuning manual mentions pins 9 & 10 as the main grounds that should be run with thick wire...

...so what gives? I want to do it right, as I think my current setup isn't working.

I'm troubleshooting reset issues and I am trying to get everything squared away so I can finally get this beast back on the road and to the track one of these days. After three years without WOT dragstrip pass I think she is starting to resent me.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2/Extra DB37 Grounding Question

Post by kjones6039 »

Pins 1-2 & 7-19 are common inside the MS. Meaning, you can pick and chose the pins you want to use for grounding and/or sensor returns.

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2/Extra DB37 Grounding Question

Post by Rick Finsta »

That's what I thought, but I (being in a state of conscious incompetence with this stuff) get confused easily when I think I might have missed something. So I'm using Pin 1 for the VR-, Pin 2 for the VR Shield, Pin 7 for the common sensor signal ground, and then Pin 14-19 all go separately to a buss bar connected by 6g high strand wire through the firewall (bulkhead connector) to a cylinder head. Other than I'm considering dropping the buss bar from the equation and taking them all into one connector going to the bulkhead, does that sound alright?

Thanks! This thing has been a nightmare, but a nightmare where I learn stuff.