Ms2 3.57 grounds

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

abriggs
MS/Extra Newbie

Ms2 3.57 grounds

Post by abriggs »

In my two previous installs the battery and relay board have been in the motor compartment. All grounds have been to the engine block. My current install is in a c4 corvette which has an aluminum birdcage which forms rigidity in the cockpit area. I have MS mounted up under the dash to this aluminum cage. The battery is located in a compartment behind the pass seat. The plan is to have the 5 MS ground wires to a stud on the cage and although the cage is part of the ground structure I have added a 10 ga wire from the stud to the battery. So the question is do you think this will work ok without any MS ground going to the block?
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Ms2 3.57 grounds

Post by DeadStiff »

The only way to know is to try it, but if you have any issues you'll be asked to put the ground in its proper place, the engine block. The real question is do you want to rewire it if it doesn't work, and what if it causes you issues in the future?
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.