microsquirt module ignition

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

microsquirt module ignition

Post by electronic »

Can 2 bip373 run 4 cop with a 330ohm resistors? Or 4 bip373 with 4 660ohm resistors with 4 cop? Wasted spark.

Can I keep the bip373 inside the inclosure with microsquirt module or building external box is the only way to go?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: microsquirt module ignition

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Well you need 1 BIP per coil. So if you have 4 coils (non logic) you need 4 drivers. You can put the BIP in your case but you have to pay particular attention to where they will ground to. They put a lot of noise out so you don't want them grounding any where near the sensor grounds. I go remote on my cars.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
electronic
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by electronic »

it will have a separate ground for the bips separate from everything else. I just want everything packed inside the inclosure for a cleaner look, it will have oem ecu plugs to plug to factory wiring harness, it will have 9 separate gpio on the side of the inclosure and 12 gauge or so ground wire for the bips. The ecu will bet its power and grounds from factory ecu harness.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

4 coils means 4 BIPs with 4 R330 base resistors, driven by two ignition channels.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems