two wire iac valve

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

two wire iac valve

Post by racerron »

if my 3.0 ms1 board has the tip 122 for the ford iac valve and i buy the ms3 daughter board. what do i do with the old modification to my board if the ms3 does not require this modification? by the way im planing on converting my ms1 to a ms3 (ms3x) also using 8 low-z injectors. what do i need to buy and do to my ms1 board to make this work?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: two wire iac valve

Post by dontz125 »

By itself, the MS3 card DOES still require the mod to use a 2-wire PWM valve. If you add the 3X card, you can run the idle valve off the 3X pin, or just leave it where it is - why change wiring if you don't need to? If you do decide to use the 3X pin, you don't need to do anything to the main board, just leave the mod as-is.

The 3X board really isn't meant for lo-z injectors. You'll need to either run individual series resistors, or get 2 jbperf Peak & Hold boards.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

all i would need is (8) 3r3 25 watt resistors? how would i make it a peak and hold?
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

i have a msd distributor with the vr sensor would i have to remove all but one of teeth one the dist. and then install a trigger wheel on the crankshaft?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

racerron wrote:all i would need is (8) 3r3 25 watt resistors? how would i make it a peak and hold?
They limit current to the "hold" level, which makes for a slower opening time than a true peak and hold circuit but does get the job done.
racerron wrote:i have a msd distributor with the vr sensor would i have to remove all but one of teeth one the dist. and then install a trigger wheel on the crankshaft?
That's one way to get sequential EFI.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X