ms2 v3.0 problems

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Black Z
MS/Extra Newbie

ms2 v3.0 problems

Post by Black Z »

Hi all I have built a ms2 v3.0 board have it configured for hall input fuel only and i can't get a rpm signal from the stimulator. I also can't get any of the led's on the ms to light up I had smoke come from cap14 it was soldered in backwards. And I want to make sure i have done it right I removed c12 and c30 soldered a jumper between d1 and d2 xg1 and xg2 tsel and optout tachselect and optoin. If there is anything else I need to do or that I need to put back please let me know I have been messing with this thing for several days and I don't know what else to do, to get a rpm signal. Also if someone could provide me with the common test points to make sure I have everything else right I would really appreciate it.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms2 v3.0 problems

Post by DaveEFI »

Does the fuel pump LED on the Stim come on for a second or so at power up, then go out?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Black Z
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Black Z »

Yes the fuel pump light does kick on. And I have the stim hooked to a ac adapter so the voltage is good there.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

That suggests at least most of the MS is working correctly so you'd likely only need to confine your 'fault finding' to the tach input. The other LEDs won't do anything until MS sees a tach signal. Have you tried the PNP/NPN switch on the Stim?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Black Z
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Black Z »

Yes I have tried that switch. What does c-14 control? In other words where does the voltage go after it comes out of that cap? I would like to test after that to make sure it didn't cook something else.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

C14 is the voltage stabilizer for the U4 chip. If you want to test the injector outputs, see this link.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... ooting.htm
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Black Z
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Black Z »

I have just noticed from a picture that I found on the internet that I have r-56 and r-52 soldered in backwards. The pot screw is on the wrong side does this mean these are bad or can I just turn them around? By the way thanks for all the replies and the help.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

They just turn the opposite way if you put them in backwards.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Black Z
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Black Z »

Ok cool thanks Matt do you have a schematic for the u3 chip since c14 has nothing to with ignition. That shouldn't effect my rpm signal from the stim. I have checked everything that I have found on the internet and cannot get a rpm signal. I have d1 and d-2 jumpered c12 and c30 removed xg1 and xg2 are jumpered and tsel to optout and tachselect to optoin are all jumpered. Am I missing something.