ms2 diypnp v1.5b- no rpm signal

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

ms2 diypnp v1.5b- no rpm signal

Post by gdoehl »

I ran across a strange issue while assembling my diypnp for a 1990 miata. After assembly the board connected two the car and everything worked except I noticed that I was not getting an rpm signal. I did get an rpm signal with my ms1 v3.0 so I do not think the cas is the problem. In the process of trouble shooting my diypnp, I desoldered and resoldered r30 and removed and reinstalled the microsquirt cpu. After doing all this, the board would no longer connect and the fuel pump stays on all the time. I cannot figure out what is going on. I checked all my solder joints and resoldered anything questionable. The fuel pump is not jumpered to ground in the diagnostics box (another way to keep it running all the time with the key on). Ive attached pictures of the board.
gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: ms2 diypnp v1.5b- no rpm signal

Post by gdoehl »

Fixed the fuel pump issue by resoldering the transistor at the bottom of the board
gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gdoehl »

No spark or injection pulse...please help. Could this be an issue with the Microsquirt module?
gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gdoehl »

Did some additional research and found out tunerstudio can detect the pnp without the microsquirt installed. Ended up repalcing all the 2n2222 transistors on the board with new ones. No luck. What on the board controls the connectivity? Can someone give me some guidance please. Considering replacing some of the tip120s. The cable I am using worked every single time I connected my ms1 to it. It worked on this board UNTIL I removed and replaced r30. Still not sure whats going on. Some guidance would help alot.
gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gdoehl »

Just checked and I do have power at pin 1b on the main board
CSXRT4
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by CSXRT4 »

Have you tried reflashing the firmware to the cpu?
gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gdoehl »

Is there anyway to reflash without connecting to the computer? Tried reflashing but when i load the ms program on pc it doesn't see megasquirt on the com port.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I suppose you could program some sort of microcontroller for firmware flashing, but that would be a pretty extreme solution. Reflashing the firmware does require a computer connected and the ECU powered up, but does not require a TunerStudio connection.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
gdoehl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by gdoehl »

I will try reflashing as soon i get home. Thanks for the assistance.