no RPM display in tunerstudio

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

no RPM display in tunerstudio

Post by darkstar42 »

MS v3.0 MS3X w/expansion card

v3.0 main board--Tachselect to vrin tsel to vrout s12c to js9 4 iacs to jso-3

MS3X (white board)--no jumpers

expansion card---jp8 jumped

jimstim 1.5-- primary tach-VR primary tach pull up--12v <------ (TS displays ready status only if jumper is in place) dip switch 4 and 6 up (12-1) 20 pin header 5v pin jumped to jimstimX 5v

heres MSQ, Toothed log with 12v pullup primary jumper(its big fat zeros with out it)

other observations----d14 d15 d16 leds do NOT function not even initial power up, when in test mode i can make leds on jimstimx(the expansion stim) flash injA injB spkA spkB and tried spkC but spkC never fired, also placed a ms2 daughter card on this v3.0 board all worked perfect(msq and jimstim1.5 different settings)
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: no RPM display in tunerstudio

Post by Matt Cramer »

The tooth log looks OK if you have set the MSQ for a 12-1 wheel.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
darkstar42
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darkstar42 »

Well i got it to work, went to ignition settings--ignition option/wheel decoder---trigger wheel arangement (single wheel missing tooth) Trigger wheel teeth (12) Missing teeth (1) tooth #1 angle (0) main wheel speed (crank)

all seems to work perfectly now, injA and injB spkA-C are flashing on the jimstimX so now its time to plug into the car but i'm going have more problems when in the car because i got the feeling the ignition settings are going to be wrong, All this was to get the ms3 running on the stim.

Thanks All for the help......and/or no help
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

if you are using stock RX7 sensors, the settings to run on the car are here:

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... fc_rx7.htm
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X