R52 not clicking

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

onig
Helpful MS/Extra'er

R52 not clicking

Post by onig »

MS3 V3.0 with MS3Xpansion board.
I am trying to set the R52 and R56.
I need to turn them CCW until it clicks.
No clicks can be heard or felt. The manual says that by turning them CCW they can not get damaged.
I turned and turned in both directions to the point that I am getting dizzy.
Tried doing a search but nothing found here.
Also on the MS3X board R32 and R11...When these get to the end of CCW will they stop or do they click as well?
Any suggestions, I want to get to the testing phase.
Last edited by onig on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks
onig
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: R52, R56 not clicking

Post by binlki1 »

Hello Im done some dinging I just went through this. I thought I remembered 12 turns being full but here is a copy of what I found in the manual. (section 5.2.2 MS3xV30
)
c) With a small screwdriver, turn the pots, R52 and R56, about 12 turns anticlockwise ( sometimes you may feel
a "click
" when the end position is reached, they can't be damaged by turning too far.) This sets them up for most
VR sensors. Optionally, when adjusting R56, you can measure the voltage at the "top" of R54. You'll need the board powered
up. Set your meter to volts, and connect the +ve probe to the top of R54 and the -ve probe to ground. Adjust
R56 to get the lowest voltage on your meter.

Kirk
91 240sx Stock, with intake plumbing. MS3x with Expansion, DIYAutotune Trigger, COP, full sequential. Daily Driver.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

There have been a number of parts used here over the years depending on availability. Some had a distinct click; most of the ones in current use do not.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
onig
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by onig »

binlki1 wrote: c) With a small screwdriver, turn the pots, R52 and R56, about 12 turns anticlockwise ( sometimes you may feel
a "click
" when the end position is reached, they can't be damaged by turning too far.) This sets them up for most
VR sensors. Optionally, when adjusting R56, you can measure the voltage at the "top" of R54. You'll need the board powered
up. Set your meter to volts, and connect the +ve probe to the top of R54 and the -ve probe to ground. Adjust
R56 to get the lowest voltage on your meter.

Kirk
Thanks for that. I went to the manual and saw that in the section you mentioned. So R56 is for the crank sensor. Good to know.

Now how can I set R52? What is R52 used for?
Thanks
onig
onig
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by onig »

I just adjusted R56, the lowest voltage I get is 0.564 volts.
Does this sound about right for full CCW.
How can I set R52?
Thanks
onig