MS3X Expansion Card Failure

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

merlewagner
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3X Expansion Card Failure

Post by merlewagner »

After finishing up my bench testing I finished assembling my unit and did a final test. Very erratic operation. took case back off and realized the RPM pot had been turned way too high. After getting the unit back to an operational RPM I noticed that two of the injector drivers were not firing (C and E). I scoped the inputs and they were good but the ouputs were dead, GONZO. Anyone ever have these type of failures with a Stim board?

Does DIYAutotune have spare driver transistors or should I check out local supplies?

EDIT:
As a side note I noticed that the injector driver output is normally high with pulses going low. Is this normal? Just doesn't seem correct to me.

Merle
Last edited by merlewagner on Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3X Expansion Card Failure

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Contact them before attempting a repair. They might be able to help you with a better solution.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3X Expansion Card Failure

Post by Matt Cramer »

There's a one year warranty on the card - email us at websales@diyautotune.com; if it's broken we can replace it.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X