maf transfer curve - dual mafs - question

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

PMAS
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: maf transfer curve - dual mafs - question

Post by PMAS »

Actually most people attach a filter to their maf so it would apply in 98% of the time. I'f you're thinking about using a GM maf in blow-thru I really wouldn't. they don't work well that way even if the transfer function is spot on.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

I'm not using the maf with a turbo engine. This is meant for an ITB NA engine. So it's only sucking air through it.

I suppose you're talking about a cone filter directly attached to the maf ? This is not the case. There is a considerable tube attached to it. The maf still retains it's original screen.
PMAS
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by PMAS »

Yes, directly attached. How long is the straight tube on the inlet? If the screen is there it will be within about 7%. You can always send me your maf and pipe to be flowed for 75.00. But, like I said, that GM maf isn't the best.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

PMAS wrote:Yes, directly attached. How long is the straight tube on the inlet? If the screen is there it will be within about 7%. You can always send me your maf and pipe to be flowed for 75.00. But, like I said, that GM maf isn't the best.
I'm on the other side of the pond so that gets to be difficult.

Anyway, straight tube will be about 7" or so I guess.