Help with DIYPNP Nippon Denso 42pin toyota 4age, Board v1.5B

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

leitao.pt
MS/Extra Newbie

Help with DIYPNP Nippon Denso 42pin toyota 4age, Board v1.5B

Post by leitao.pt »

Hi,

I'm having trouble assembling my DIYPNP i've assembled a MS1 and a MS2 before and not had this problem.
I can't seem to find the assembly for the PNP only something very generic and somewhat confusing when it comes to the options available also the links on the DIYPNP seems to go round and round not really saying what the link description said or at least i can't seem to find it.
I'm seeking if possible for photos and or more detailed assembling instructions, for the following spec:
toyota corolla 4AGE
full sequencial injection (i have the DP_SEQMOD)
Direct coils (i have the 4 BIP373 kit)
Trigger wheel
Knock sensor.

If someone can help it would be great.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Help with DIYPNP Nippon Denso 42pin toyota 4age, Board v

Post by Matt Cramer »

You would start with the main assembly guide.

http://diyautotune.com/diypnp/docs.html

Then there are build notes for a stock 4AGE here:

https://www.diyautotune.com/diypnp/apps ... ge-mt.html

After that, there's a bit less hand holding and you'll need to go to the "Extra outputs" section and use that as a jumping off point. I'd run the non-stock I/O through the DB15 connector.

https://www.diyautotune.com/diypnp/docs ... tputs.html
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
leitao.pt
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by leitao.pt »

Hi,

Thanks i've been in those links maybe it's the lack of pictures that makes it more confusing to me.
One problem i'm having now is the kit comes with a R20 it says it is optional since i bought a semi specific kit should i install it or not and if i install it how will it affect the behavior of the ecu, i've read that the nippondenso goes best with the R21 instead of R20 but what i make of what's written is that it may be a little more time consuming in adjustment but it should work with neither R20 or R21 installed. Could you advise on what should i do in this step or maybe give me a 5yr old explanation on what affects what so that i can choose what to has right now i'm inclined to not install either but afraid that something won't work when pluged in.

Thanks.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

leitao.pt wrote:Hi,

Thanks i've been in those links maybe it's the lack of pictures that makes it more confusing to me.
One problem i'm having now is the kit comes with a R20 it says it is optional since i bought a semi specific kit should i install it or not and if i install it how will it affect the behavior of the ecu, i've read that the nippondenso goes best with the R21 instead of R20 but what i make of what's written is that it may be a little more time consuming in adjustment but it should work with neither R20 or R21 installed. Could you advise on what should i do in this step or maybe give me a 5yr old explanation on what affects what so that i can choose what to has right now i'm inclined to not install either but afraid that something won't work when pluged in.

Thanks.
It depends - what are you planning on doing for the cam sensor?
leitao.pt
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by leitao.pt »

Hi,

I was thinking to modify the existing distributor to get a "cam signal".
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

We haven't really determined what value the "G" sensor works best with; I'd use the R39 adjustable resistor so you can get it dialed in.