testing

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jrods2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

testing

Post by jrods2 »

Troubleshooting Your MegaSquirt® V3 Main Board
sec 10 a.Do you have RPMC installed? Some people have had trouble finding a supplier for one, and assumed the stim would work without it.

What is a RPMC?

SEC. 7) Check to see what (if any) functions work. Try the loopback test, the serial communications test, the clock count-up of the processor, and check for power and ground to the pins of the processor (see the assembly guide steps for details).
**** Verify that no components are touching the crystal (Y1), which might prevent it from working properly.*****
**** The assembly manual said NOT to install the Y1 crystal, that it is not used for V3. The statement above makes me assume that it is used & required.****
Which is right? used or not used?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: testing

Post by Matt Cramer »

This looks like you are using the B&G MS1 directions for an MS2 built for MS2/Extra code; you should use the directions at MSExtra.com.

The RPM C pot is a course adjustment knob for RPM. It is present on the JimStim and very early versions of the regular Stim. The V2.0 and later regular Stims do not have it.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
jrods2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jrods2 »

thanks Matt
jrods2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jrods2 »

Please tell me exactly what manuals to use.
I'm building a MS2 V3. firmware 2.92
Batch injection, supercharger, Jacobs(same as MSD), wide band O2, V8 ford 390 cid.
My life goal is to make this work. I can do it.
right?
My using a computer is just not that good so I know this is my fault. Although I do have a good knowledge of using tech manuals(specifically mechanical) I just need to know which ones I should be using. back to the beginning.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

jrods2 wrote:Please tell me exactly what manuals to use.
Do you have a particular reason to use that firmware?

You'll likely get a better result and more support using the more common MS2/Extra firmware. See the Downloads and Manuals links above.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
jrods2
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jrods2 »

jsmcortina wrote:
jrods2 wrote:Please tell me exactly what manuals to use.

You'll likely get a better result and more support using the more common MS2/Extra firmware. See the Downloads and Manuals links above.

James

No particular reason. I started this a year ago and their has been changes made and upgrades added and I believe that's where my problem started. Just as long as the MS2 I have will be compatible with the MS2/Extra firmware I see no problem there.
Thank you Jim