LC-1 Analogue outputs

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

darrens
Helpful MS/Extra'er

LC-1 Analogue outputs

Post by darrens »

Hi folks,

I seem to be getting no output from either analogue out of the LC-1. If I connect Logworks up I can read back to AFR no problem, however there seems to be no signal/voltage on either of the 2 analogue outputs. Both are set to 0v=7.35AFR and 5v=22.1

The sensor and the controller work as I can see this using Logworks, but nothing through MS and nothing measured on a meter.

I have only ever used o/p 1 so thought there maybe a problem with this and switched to output 2 - still no joy.

Would both outputs fail at the same time?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: LC-1 Analogue outputs

Post by Matt Cramer »

Possibly. I'd contact Innovate directly to see what they have to say.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

darrens wrote:Hi folks,

I seem to be getting no output from either analogue out of the LC-1. If I connect Logworks up I can read back to AFR no problem, however there seems to be no signal/voltage on either of the 2 analogue outputs. Both are set to 0v=7.35AFR and 5v=22.1

The sensor and the controller work as I can see this using Logworks, but nothing through MS and nothing measured on a meter.

I have only ever used o/p 1 so thought there maybe a problem with this and switched to output 2 - still no joy.

Would both outputs fail at the same time?

I have a BIG box full of LC-1 controllers with dead analog outputs.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

prof315 wrote:I have a BIG box full of LC-1 controllers with dead analog outputs.
If the only thing that's dead are the analog outputs, that would be perfect for getting a per-cylinder AFR setup (or setups depending on how big the box is) when used with an MS3 and a TinyIOx.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
darrens
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darrens »

Contacted Innovative - total blank.

Would anyone recommend the LC-2 or would folk recommend getting something different?
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

The LC-1 was bad, I went through 3 of them, two replaced under warranty but I ended up throwing them all away. So it was with great reluctance that I bought an LC-2 not long ago, I haven't got a lot of miles on it but it seems to be OK. I have more miles on the Spartan 2 from www.14point7.com, I would recommend that, plus he's got a nice feature built in for calibration.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
darrens
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darrens »

Thanks for the info, will take a look at the 14point7 stuff
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

darrens wrote:Thanks for the info, will take a look at the 14point7 stuff
If you are handy with a soldering iron the SLC OEM Eval kit is pretty nice too! Bulkier but a few bucks cheaper.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
darrens
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darrens »

Mmm.. interesting, appeals to me as everything on the car in terms of wiring is custom. I hate wiring that isn't the correct length, untidy etc.

The LC-2 seems to come with massively long cables. And cutting/shortening these would void a warranty.

More reading...