fan control and dual MAP sensors

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

peterro
Helpful MS/Extra'er

fan control and dual MAP sensors

Post by peterro »

Hi again, I have a couple questions that I suspect are pretty easy for those in the know.

1. On this (http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/MS3XV357 ... re-1.3.pdf) document page 22, note #3 (bottom of page), it says that the FIDLE can be switched: "This is jumper selectable using {missing} to provide a 12V ("V") output or a ground ("G") output". I don't know what the "missing" part of that sentence should be. I have a wire that when grounded, kicks the relay for my electric fans and this would be perfect. Just need to know how to do it.

2. Onboard MAP and manifold map. I can set the primary MAP to either one and get sensor readings. I'm not clear how to have both where the manifold MAP is primary and onboard is Baro. Maybe I'm thinking about that wrong. When I enable the secondary MAP, there's no choice for "onboard". Any good links or comments for some more clarity?

Thanks again
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: fan control and dual MAP sensors

Post by Laminar »

I'm using MS3/MS3X. In the "General Settings" dialog, I can change "Barometric Correction" to "Two Independent Sensors". If I do that, the "Realtime Baro Port" field un-grays and I can choose "Mainboard". Then in the lower "MAP Sensor Settings" box the field "[Voltage/Frequency] Input Port" can be set to the channel to which your external MAP is wired. I suppose this could vary depending on your hardware and software versions.

prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

peterro wrote:Hi again, I have a couple questions that I suspect are pretty easy for those in the know.

1. On this (http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/MS3XV357 ... re-1.3.pdf) document page 22, note #3 (bottom of page), it says that the FIDLE can be switched: "This is jumper selectable using {missing} to provide a 12V ("V") output or a ground ("G") output". I don't know what the "missing" part of that sentence should be. I have a wire that when grounded, kicks the relay for my electric fans and this would be perfect. Just need to know how to do it.

2. Onboard MAP and manifold map. I can set the primary MAP to either one and get sensor readings. I'm not clear how to have both where the manifold MAP is primary and onboard is Baro. Maybe I'm thinking about that wrong. When I enable the secondary MAP, there's no choice for "onboard". Any good links or comments for some more clarity?

Thanks again
1. That's is a jumper on the RELAY BOARD. Your FIDLE will ground a fan relay just fine with out any modifications to anything.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
peterro
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by peterro »

Thanks for the answers.