MS3X CPS signal fault

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

adrudenko
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3X CPS signal fault

Post by adrudenko »

I have just wired and completed my install of ms3x on a 1989 bmw 535i m30b35 engine and I have all sensors working and calibrated properly BUT ONE, my CPS sensor isn't sending anything to my ms3x, I cant get an rpm reading on TS for the life of me, I have tried cranking with any and all of the loggers on, this includes the tooth logger, the trigger logger and the composite logger and I have nothing. the CPS part number is: 12141720857. Here is what I have done to trouble shoot my issue so far. Set jumper JP1to pins 1 and 2, set jumper j1 to pins 3 and 4, turned pots r56 and r52 counter clockwise about 30 times, flipped my vr+ and vr-, set my wheel decoder settings to toothed wheel 60-2 with a btdc of 89.

does anyone have any input on what might be causing the non existent signal?

I have my vr+ wired to pin 24 on the main pug and the vr- to pin 19 which is a general ms3x ground because my pin 1 is missing from my main plug for some reason. I have ran out of ideas and believe that the vr- is grounded to pin 19 is the issue but many say that this shouldn't be causing the issue. thoughts and opinions much appreciated.