Fidle & Fan control

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JakeusSnakeus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Fidle & Fan control

Post by JakeusSnakeus »

Hi

I've built this circuit in the proto area will this be ok for triggering relay's etc?

Also my Fidle output doesn't appear to be working, I have a TIP120 in Q4 like below, with an inline diode on C:

I have R39 Jumper-ed and nothing in D8 or Q20 as advised above^

What am i doing wrong?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Fidle & Fan control

Post by dontz125 »

Relay control - Your GND and SPR4 are reversed; power flows from the relay on SPR4 to the transistor to ground.

FIdle - And this is why I like to use different coloured wires ... :lol: It looks like you have everything wired up, but where's your diode? That is your flyback catch diode, and should be going from the TIP120 collector to +12v (pad S12).

Take a look at the latest manual instructions; the pins selected have changed to use heavier traces. Make sure the tab on the TIP120 isn't shorting to the heat sink bar; burrs on the bar holes are infamous for causing all sorts of problems.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
JakeusSnakeus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JakeusSnakeus »

OK,

Relay control - I've swapped ground and spare 4 around - What output can i expect to see when On/Off?

Fidle - I've updated the Picture for you :P, can you elaborate on
and should be going from the TIP120 collector to +12v (pad S12).
?
JakeusSnakeus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JakeusSnakeus »

Bump?

I
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

your relay output will provide ground when its active. as to your idle valve have a peek here for the recommended method for putting it together inside the ecu

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS2 ... .3-37.html

do you have the 3 wire valve? if so how have you got it connected up?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
JakeusSnakeus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JakeusSnakeus »

A little bit of a late reply i know lol

I've got the TIP 122 wired up on the board like the guide said.. I can now make the IDL light on the stim pulse.

I've got the pinout of the MS wired to the car like so:

Motronic Pin #---------- MS Pin # (function)----------Factory Wire Color--------Description
----------4-------------------25 (IAC1A)-----------------White/Yellow--------------Idle Control Valve #3 (open)
----------22------------------27 (IAC1B)-----------------White/Green---------------Idle Control Valve #1 (close)
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

if you have done the tip120 you will only be able to control one side of the icv you will want a big 30-40 ohm 50w resistor between 1 winding and ground.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
JakeusSnakeus
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JakeusSnakeus »

I see, ok..based on your reply i assume there is a way to control both sides?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... wm#p293043 few things you can build covered here.