Jimstim V1.5 Initial Testing no IAC1 or INJ1

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hiltonlo05
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Jimstim V1.5 Initial Testing no IAC1 or INJ1

Post by hiltonlo05 »

New to the forum and doing my first MS3 build...No extensive electronics experience so the learning curve will be steep.

Just finished assembling the JimStim v1.5 board to get the hang of board assembly and fine soldering, doing the initial tests and Im getting nothing from the INJ1 led or the IAC1 led. Regulator, polyfuse, and cpu not getting hot, no smoke, all other tests and LEDs checked out.

Probed all resistors and R27 which should be 39k ohms, showed 11.3k ohms, so I desoldered the resistor and the pins at R27 show around 16k ohms with no resistor on it. Not sure if this is normal or if something is shorted. Looked at all joints under magnifying glass and doesn't appear to be any bridging.

No clue where to begin troubleshooting from here.

Thanks in advance for any advice and bear with me as I may ask at least 1 stupid question before this over.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Jimstim V1.5 Initial Testing no IAC1 or INJ1

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'd guess the LEDs may be in backwards.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
hiltonlo05
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Jimstim V1.5 Initial Testing no IAC1 or INJ1

Post by hiltonlo05 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I could kick myself right now, had a cold solder joint on the inj1 led...touched it up and working as it should.

However the bicolor iac1 led is still doing nothing. I retouched the solder joints on it just to be safe. I've tried checking the polarity with my multimeter as I've seen on YouTube, but I get nothing, even from new leds so I'm guessing my Craftsman meter lacks that ability or I'm doing it wrong.