ms2 v3.0 fidle light permanently on when hooked to stim

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dealwithit
Helpful MS/Extra'er

ms2 v3.0 fidle light permanently on when hooked to stim

Post by dealwithit »

ok so im sure i must have done something wrong in my board construction as my fast idle output is always on, even when the chip is out of the board. this was built to accomodate a 2 wire pwm valve. now the last time i built this same setup, about 8 years ago, i had the exact same issue with the output always on, but i never ended up fixing it just not running idle control. This board was built with megamanual instructions, before i realized that there are different instructions for the MSextra code i was planning to run (this same mishap happened last time as well, go figure). So im wondering if anyone has had this happen before and maybe i just have a jumper in somewhere i shouldn't, or a bridged solder joint (although ive made sure the contacts of Q4 were clear, and scraped between the pins on the underside). Also if anyone has a schematic of the fast idle circuit, and possibly some tests i could do with a multimeter to check for a short or whatever might be my issue. thanks everyone, and hopefully i can get this sorted out soon.

ken
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms2 v3.0 fidle light permanently on when hooked to stim

Post by DaveEFI »

You'll find all the standard schematics in the appropriate manual - link to them at the top of this page. To find the mods needed for your idle valve, refer to that section.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
dealwithit
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dealwithit »

ive been through those, and my install matched up just fine, removed one resistor at the time, and everything chased out properly. i need to know where to check for shorts, grounds, ohm readings etc, to find out where my ground fault is happening. thanks
dealwithit
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dealwithit »

ok problem is fixed! ended up being i had jumper on the bottom side of the board where d8 goes for some reason. i had rpm input issues at first that probably lead to that jumper being installed, but everything is fine with it removed, no other issues. cheers

ken