Used MS2 manual to assemble MS3..oops

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jc6711
MS/Extra Newbie

Used MS2 manual to assemble MS3..oops

Post by jc6711 »

I have a MS3 V3 that is about 90% completed. I started this about a year ago and never finished it (bad idea). Anyway I ended up using this site (http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/V3assemble.htm) to assemble my board. I am around step 50 right now. I posted in the facebook group and I guy mentioned to use this (http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/MS3baseV ... re-1.4.pdf) but It seems to deal mostly with wiring. I am using this to control a Nissan VH45 (8 Cylender) in a Nissan 300ZX with ITB's. I plan to use Audi R8 coil packs and bosch EV14 injectors out of a Ford Mustang GT500. Just wondering If I screwed anything up by following the MS2 guide, and if theres an easy to follow MS3 guide. I can post of pic of my board if need be. Thanks
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Used MS2 manual to assemble MS3..oops

Post by Matt Cramer »

Not really; you just might have to undo one or two things, but nothing major.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
jc6711
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by jc6711 »

Ok cool, I am now following the right manual and just double checking through it. If I am not running IACV do I need to jumper s12c-js9, js0-IAC1A, JS1-IAC1B, JS2-IAC2A, JS3-IAC3B?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

If you decide to use those pins as something else later, you can add the IAC jumpers then. I would suggest adding the 12v to JS9 jumper, as it's the source of the pull-up voltage used by the various MS3X inputs.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems