MS2 won't work, any ideas welcome

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

chris3_76
MS/Extra Newbie

MS2 won't work, any ideas welcome

Post by chris3_76 »

Hi everyone,

I successfully assembled and installed an MS2 to a friends car. I used two LM circuits for primary and secondary tach signal without a problem. It can rev up up to 7k without miss. The problem is my car having the same engine, wouldn't run using the same MS2, same laptop and MSQ. I've already used a shielded cable for the vr signals but it still wouldn't start. I'm getting some tach signals from the datalogger though. What could be the problem?

Thanks
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS2 won't work, any ideas welcome

Post by elutionsdesign »

You'll need to elaborate quite a bit, like what motor, what ignition input (toothed wheel, etc) and hopefully attach some diagnostic logs like a composite log, tune file and start attempt datalog.

Having said that, try reversing your VR wires.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Also, there are a vast number of "LM circuits", what specifically are you referring to?
chris3_76
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chris3_76 »

Hi billr,

Thanks for your reply but I find asking the LM circuit I used irrelevant because as I mentioned, it worked without a miss up to 7k rpm on another car with the same engine and setup as mine.

Elusionsdesign,

Thanks for your reply. The motor is 4efte toyota oe turbo engine. 24toothwheel. For logs,tune, and msq file I don't have access right now because I'm away.

Furthermore, this MS2 is working perfectly on a Jimstim on my 2 LM circuits and same msq I used and optioned.
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

Why not simply provide all the information possible? Part of troubleshooting is having a fresh set of eyes, refusing to answer some questions makes it tough for the guys to help you.
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
chris3_76
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by chris3_76 »

Raymond_B,

Thanks. That's all the information I can provide right now because I left the country for a job. I'll work on this again when I come back.