Initial testing of my MS3x

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

wment
MS/Extra Newbie

Initial testing of my MS3x

Post by wment »

I have completed assembling my MS3x with no problems. Have connected a pre-assembled JimStim and JimStimx. Using Tuner Studio I loaded 1.4 with no problems and connected the tach and voltage jumpers from the Jimstim to the Jimstimx. When I power on the MS3x, on the Jimstim I get the Leds FP and the power on Led. On the Stimx I get on pulse on the Tach0 and one series of pulses on the injA-injF Leds. I have set it up for a 6cyl Subaru H6 36-2-2-2. It appears to be functioning to some extent. Is there some basic/default Jimstim, Tuner Studio and jumper settings that I can use to verify that my box is working correctly and not some settings I have set incorrectly. I am hoping for specific details for this basic/default info even to jumpers on the MS board itself. I want to eliminate or identify the hardware as the problem. Attached is the only file I have saved. Any help will be appreciated.

wm
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Initial testing of my MS3x

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try a different spark mode - I don't think the current JimStim firmware has the specific six cylinder variant of the 36-2-2-2 wheel yet.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
wment
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by wment »

I have had some success. I have gotten the Megasquirt to run on the Jimstim in 4cyl mode (Miata) and in 6cyl mode (2000 Jeep). The trigger wheel description between the Megasquirt trigger wheels and the Jimstim for switch settings are different enough so I am have not found an 8cyl combination to test but everything seems to be working otherwise. It appears my soldering went according to plan, no troubleshooting was necessary. :-) The engine I will be actually using is a 2003 Subaru H6 EZ30 (6cyl). I dont see a Megasquirt/Jimstim combo that I can test with. It appears that on the Megasquirt I should select the 36-2-2-2 trigger wheel and give it a try on the engine. Is there a better trigger wheel selection I should use?? Next the fun of tuning will really begin. Does anyone have a tune available to start with?

wm
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Use "Dual wheel with missing tooth" and 36 teeth, 1 missing.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
wment
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by wment »

:-)
It appears all 8 circuits are working. Thanks.
I wont bother anyone again until next year..... ;-)