Polyfuse upgrade? (noise)

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Jim_Blackwood
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Polyfuse upgrade? (noise)

Post by Jim_Blackwood »

What is the last word on the best replacement for the polyfuses in MS-II?

I have noise spikes on the TPS and MAT sensors. AFR looks pretty spikey too. From reading I gather the polyfuse is the likely culprit? Datalog attached.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Polyfuse upgrade? (noise)

Post by billr »

I don't think the polyfuse has much (anything?) to do with suppressing noise; you have some other problem.

Edit: Nothing looks all that noisy in that log, to me. The range of values is pretty narrow, so just a little bit of variation looks noisy on the graphs. And the MAT? That is "flat-line", why do think that is noisy?
Jim_Blackwood
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Jim_Blackwood »

Really? You don't see noise on those traces at all? I must really be doing something wrong with MegaLogViewer then. I've got spikes on the TPS trace that run all the way from the top to the bottom of that screen section.(3 sections displayed) The thing seems to set the scale automatically so maybe that is the reason. I opened that log from the download on this forum thread to be sure we were looking at the same thing.

Jim
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The MLV graphs can be scaled as desired. The TPS is varying from -.2% to -1.4%, a total swing of only 1.2% Not much, but I think that could even be just because of ADC resolution, depending on how you have the TPS calibrated.
Jim_Blackwood
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Jim_Blackwood »

Thanks Bill, clearly I need to learn to use this software. Sometimes I run my curser over it and it greatly changes what's on the screen and I'm not real clear what it did or why. But I do know this laptop has some sort of scroll function that seems to just pop up out of nowhere. (uses a touchpad) So maybe that is it.

I looked at some help screens but didn't see anything about setting scale or resolution, is there a good tutorial or command map somewhere I could look at?

Jim