Bought an ms2 and need some info

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

CJ Haughey
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Bought an ms2 and need some info

Post by CJ Haughey »

Hi Folks I just got an ms2extra off a lad who was using it on a ford zetec. Now it is wired for edis and for a 4 wire stepper idle motor as I now need to modify it. I want to fit a single coil driver and to install a 2 wire idle valve as what wires do I need to remove or move as I know I need to get a coil driver so any suppliers out there that supply the kit in europe.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Bought an ms2 and need some info

Post by DaveEFI »

Both pretty basic configurations covered in the manual. The V3 board is designed for a single coil driver, and there is a place on the board for one. The idle valve will likely need a high current driver transistor added.

If you think this beyond your capabilities, there are a few people in the UK who will do it for you. I'm one. :D

A single coil driver suggests you're going to get the trigger from a modified dizzy. Whilst this can work, it's far from the best way these days. Wasted spark using a crank trigger is a better solution.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.