ms2 V3 pwm mod.

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Scottblue5
MS/Extra Newbie

ms2 V3 pwm mod.

Post by Scottblue5 »

Hi, I have an Ms2 v3 ecu and am wondering if it is capable of running a pwm idle valve.
I never built the ecu but when I run the idle valve it goes full open no matter what the settings.
I have attached some pics of the board and I have noticed that I don't have the TIP122 installed but if I fit one how do I link pin 1 to the middle pin of Q4 if it already has something fitted? Do I remove it? Also is S12 a singular point as I have found the S12 hole in the board or is it some sort of circuit?

ImageImage

ImageI'm new to advanced electronics but am really trying to work everything out.

Thanks in advance.
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms2 V3 pwm mod.

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Remove the two idle valve transistors, remove the zener and jumper the resistor in the circuit as per the manual and install the tip122 making sure you use a mica insulator.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
Scottblue5
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Scottblue5 »

Paul_VR6 wrote:Remove the two idle valve transistors, remove the zener and jumper the resistor in the circuit as per the manual and install the tip122 making sure you use a mica insulator.
Cheers Paul.
The idle valve transistors being Q4 and Q5?
Scottblue5
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Scottblue5 »

Carried out Tip112 mod and the valve is now working fine.

Thanks.