SOLVED.. No RPM Megasquirt MS3X/V3.0 (LS1)

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rick evans
MS/Extra Newbie

SOLVED.. No RPM Megasquirt MS3X/V3.0 (LS1)

Post by rick evans »

I've been through the manuals and double checked all the build steps but I'm stuck at getting the engine speed to show in tunerstudio. Tunerstudio logs cam and crank signal during composite logging, but the tooth logger graph doesnt look like it should. Vehicle is a 1956 Ford F100 , engine is from a 2007 Chevy 6.0L LQ9 with the 24x reluctor (LS1). Being a complete newb, I had the most trouble with the ignition options during the megasquirt assembly. I did not install high-current ignition driver circuit, but instead installed the VR sensor circuit components utilizing MS3X outputs for logic spark, idle valve control. 160lb low-z injector drivers with a peak and hold box.

Im so close, but just dont know what else to try. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rick evans on Mon May 30, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Help.. No RPM Megasquirt MS3X/V3.0 (LS1)

Post by billr »

I think you have the crank signal connected to the cam input, and vice-versa.
rick evans
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Help.. No RPM Megasquirt MS3X/V3.0 (LS1)

Post by rick evans »

That fixed the problem. Thanks for the help, I dont think I would have ever figured that out. It started on the 2nd crank after I swapped the wires.

https://youtu.be/OLEJQnh_Gec
xmas077
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: SOLVED.. No RPM Megasquirt MS3X/V3.0 (LS1)

Post by xmas077 »

nice truck
Nmcilwain
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: SOLVED.. No RPM Megasquirt MS3X/V3.0 (LS1)

Post by Nmcilwain »

Was the problem the red with white stripe jumper wire in the last pic ? I have the same exact setup but I don't have that jumpered, I am also having trouble trying to get a rpm signal.