Microsquirt Module v2.2m

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BryceK
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Microsquirt Module v2.2m

Post by BryceK »

Hello all, I have a microsquirt module here that i am trying to find the cause of a burned trace to pin 31: serial gnd . The vehicle shut off while driving and had no start. pulled the ecu and only found the one burned trace on this module. So what does serial ground go to so that I can find the root cause of the failure? I found that the fuel pump relay was missing its plug and someone just put the pins in with out any insulator and I'm wondering if power touching ground here was the issue. This would be a short in the entire key on power circuit. here is a picture of the pinout with the highlight being the pin 31 that i see the burned trace on. thanks for any and all help.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Microsquirt Module v2.2m

Post by Matt Cramer »

Usually this is a sign of a ground offset between the ECU and your laptop.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
BryceK
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BryceK »

Uhhhh what? how do i fix this? I was also getting no communication to my laptop i should have mentioned that.
BryceK
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by BryceK »

looking at the board and following the circuit it seems to me that this does not go anywhere? could this be my communication problem?