Reversing Board Setup

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

HuD_91gt
MS/Extra Newbie

Reversing Board Setup

Post by HuD_91gt »

Hello,

I purchased a pre assembled DIY autotune MS2 V3.0 with 2.883 software installed. It was assembled by DIY to work with an EDIS system many moons ago (About 6 years). I bought it used off a user who never installed it. I've been going through the NEW Megasquirt MS hardware manual and was completely confused as to why it was wired until I came across the "Megamanual" online, which I believe is an older manual?

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/EDIS.htm

The above link shows how the unit is currently configured. When I look into the "MS2/V3.0 Hardware Manual", no where in this manual does it suggest a configuration as described in the link above.

Can anyone explain why these are different?

My goal is to reverse the above configuration, and wire 3 Logic Spark outputs "resistor method" from the hardware manual (5.3.1.4). This seems the most simple for my first attempt at megasquirt. I will be using it in a 6 cylinder wasted spark configuration.

I have loaded the newest software as of 2 months ago. Are these differences just purely because of MS Extra?
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Reversing Board Setup

Post by dontz125 »

The "2.883" indicates it came with the OEM firmware by B&G. It works, but doesn't have the bells and whistles (like 6-channel spark and 4-channel fuel!) of the Extra code. They are different enough that trying to use the manual for one when working with the other leads to confusion, irritability, and V3.0 motherboards hurled through garage windows.

Use the Extra manual (including wiring) if you plan on using Extra code.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Reversing Board Setup

Post by DaveEFI »

The way the opto input was configured for EDIS is different between B&G and Extra code. And Extra now recommends you use the VR input for EDIS. With the opto input kept for a cam sensor if going sequential injection.

If you're now using Extra code, simply use the Extra manual only.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.