99' Miata no rpm input

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

glowingeddy
MS/Extra Newbie

99' Miata no rpm input

Post by glowingeddy »

Hello everyone,

I'm positive that this kind of questions has been asked a million times already but after searching through manuals, instructions and forum posts I still don't seem to be able to find the right answer.

Anyway I've received my Diypnp ecu for my stock 99 Miata (stock apart from swapping in a na alternator).
I've soldered everything according to https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tec ... zda-miata/ this page and crosschecked the connections with a pinout diagram.
After this I've started with unplugging the coils and loading the newest firmware.

Now I've plugged the coils back in and loaded up Tunerstudio, I've loaded the base startup map and adjusted as described.
After trying to crank the engine I didn't get a response from the onscreen tach and I had the RPM not synced message in the main screen.

Now i'd taken out the unit and measured it from the pin all until on the microsquirt board and all seemed to at least are connected.
I've then put the unit back in and loaded up an older firmware to see if it made any difference (The log and msq come from this firmware) but it was exactly the same.

When I swap in my stock ecu it fires up instantly.

Is there anything that i'm missing?

Pictures of the board:

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 99' Miata no rpm input

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please post a composite log of an attempted start. This will show what signals are, and are not, getting through.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
glowingeddy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by glowingeddy »

Thanks for the reply.
I've attached the other log.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

No cam signal. Check the jumpers and pull ups on VR2.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
glowingeddy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by glowingeddy »

thank you very much! I was looking at the tach signal, not the cam signal.
I've managed to track down a faulty resistor so I should be fine once i've replaced that one.

Many thanks!
glowingeddy
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by glowingeddy »

Stole a resistor from another currently unused part, tested it and it fired right up.
:lol: