MS2EXTRA TFI setup.

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

tonyford66
MS/Extra Newbie

MS2EXTRA TFI setup.

Post by tonyford66 »

Newbie here.Im building MS2 V3.0. My plans are to break in my Throttle body injected 302 on fuel control alone and regular distributor with coil triggering. Then move on to TFI when im sure everything is right.

I have two concerns.
1. The V3.0 board assembly manual has TFI mods under Hall/opto tach input, output. While the MS2 extra hardware manual shows the TFI mods under VR tach input, VR output. Which is correct or which is easier/more robust/acurrate method?

2. As I will do the switch later on, can I keep both circuits and just jumper in the one for TFI ? This is going in a very old 66 mustang, and I want to be able to fall back on regular coil tach triggering if the need arises, as in long cruises etc. I know from experience on my 87 mustang to carry extra TFI module, and ecu. But Im trying to add an extra layer of security. I will also be ready to switch to carburetion if the Megasquirt toasts on the road.

I have pored both manual, but the answer is still not clear to me, and would likecto hear from more experienced Ford TFI users.
thanks