RPMS Cutting out! MS2 build

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

clinam
MS/Extra Newbie

RPMS Cutting out! MS2 build

Post by clinam »

I built my MS2, Ive been fighting this thing all summer, I was gaining ground, but could not get it dialed in. Posted by issue in the tuning section, and it was pointed out to me I had set at 350cc instead of about 5700cc, I have started over but have developed a problem with it cutting out. the rpms are cutting out, causing fuel pump to click on and off and several other issues. I think it could be in my programming but cant seem to find it. I connected jim stim and it does it with it too. not sure if i have developed a problem with board or if programming. I have attached program and logs

I was going to try a new project from scratch, but it failed to me because to start a project you have to be connected to ms2 which then loads program that im trying to get away from, is there away to start clean slate?

thanks
chris
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: RPMS Cutting out! MS2 build

Post by whittlebeast »

You have something wrong in your ignition settings or your squirt has serious crank pickup issues. Look at your RPM.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

You have continuous sync-loss there, reason 14. I think that relates to the trigger vane not returning a consistent interval. Post a picture of what you are using for your "basic trigger".
clinam
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by clinam »

billr wrote:You have continuous sync-loss there, reason 14. I think that relates to the trigger vane not returning a consistent interval. Post a picture of what you are using for your "basic trigger".
where did you get reason 14?
do you mean post of picture of my HEI dist VR?
clinam
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by clinam »

clinam wrote:
billr wrote:You have continuous sync-loss there, reason 14. I think that relates to the trigger vane not returning a consistent interval. Post a picture of what you are using for your "basic trigger".
where did you get reason 14?
do you mean post of picture of my HEI dist VR?
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The "reason 14" is what your logs (MSL) show.

Why do you have this V-8 set to "odd fire"??? That may be the root of your problem.