R56 not adjusting to 2.5v

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Fringeless
MS/Extra Newbie

R56 not adjusting to 2.5v

Post by Fringeless »

I am in the final stages of building an ms3 v 3.0/msx board. I am installing in a a 92 Jeep Cherokee 4.0l that is stroked to 4.7l. I am using the stock crank and cam sensor, both of which of the open hall variety. I am powering them with the 5 vref, and have the appropriate jumpers set, tach sel./VRrin, tach sel./vrout, d1, d2, 1kohm +5v proto to vrin, xg1/xg2. before installing, I opened R52 fully with meter to 90kohms, then r56 fully ccw to 10.2kohms(both measured from wiper to adjusting screw leg) ,then turned r56 6 turns cw. Both pots are fully functional, and are installed in the correct orientation. My issue is that my voltage on r54 is ~4.9ishv on r54. turning r56 does not change voltage much. I would like to note that on the ms3x board I was successful in making the adjustment to ~2.45v.

Experts take note and please dully advise.

Thankfully,
Fringeless
Fringeless
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: R56 not adjusting to 2.5v

Post by Fringeless »

Also, note that I am doing this with the board on table with power and board not connected to the sensor.
Fringeless
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: R56 not adjusting to 2.5v

Post by Fringeless »

Nevermind, I had to pull out the magnifer. Just had to rework Trans Q22. VR circuit works like a champ. Now that my hardware is fully functional it is ready for plug in time. My Jeep is already wired and ready to go.... Just need to plug in.