Diypnp N76 2rz tacoma sequential fuel & ignition

Ask questions about DIY board assembly issues, fault finding and testing. (Covers all Megasquirt versions and board.)

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

90supraturbo1
MS/Extra Newbie

Diypnp N76 2rz tacoma sequential fuel & ignition

Post by 90supraturbo1 »

New here to the boards but inn need of some help, I recently purchased a DiyPnp N76 with some extras like (sequential Injection Kit) and 4 BIP373 for my setup. My setup consist of a 2000 toyota tacoma with a 2RZFE which also has COP from factory, Assembly of the the ecu was pretty much straight forward and everything was assemble to the diy pnp tutorial minus the added circuits for the bip373 and sequential injection kit but i did find the info to assemble those circuits too. So far the truck fired right up and idles but with some issues well one issue to be specific the truck is running on 2 cylinders. so my question goes i did a output test of the coils and all the coils fire and i did a injector test and it seems 2 injectors are not firing mainly 3&4 cylinders i checked wiring and everything is wired up correctly and even ohm out from the injector clip to the ecu and there is no problem so i am thinking i have a wrong setting on tuner studio or my wiring is wrong as far as the injector firing order or my cop firing order. i will list them and if something is off please let me know.

Firing order for a 2rzfe 1-3-4-2
Sequential Board BP373
Main Board INJ1:Cyl1 IG1 Coil 1 cylinder 1
Main Board INJ2:Cyl3 IG2 Coil 2 cylinder 2
Main Board INJ3:Cyl4 WLD Coil 3 cylinder 3
Main Board INJ4:Cyl2 ALD Coil 4 cylinder 4
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Diypnp N76 2rz tacoma sequential fuel & ignition

Post by elutionsdesign »

IF I'm reading your output list correctly the injection is correct but the ignition is not following the firing order.

Shouldn't it be:

Main Board INJ1:Cyl1 IG1 Coil 1 cylinder 1
Main Board INJ2:Cyl3 IG2 Coil 3 cylinder 3
Main Board INJ3:Cyl4 WLD Coil 4 cylinder 4
Main Board INJ4:Cyl2 ALD Coil 2 cylinder 2

??
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
90supraturbo1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 90supraturbo1 »

Yes that's what I was told thru technical support so going to try that and see if that's all it is.
90supraturbo1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 90supraturbo1 »

well that fix my problem with the firing order and was able to start the truck but once started the truck sounds great however i am having one more issues in order to start the truck it takes many try to get it started and it will start eventually, after that the truck idles nice and smooth but if i do any changes to my fuel map or anything that requires to press burn to ecu the truck stumbles and backfires and dies and once again its not easy to restart i have added the new msq file and a datalog in hopes someone can go over it and maybe see something i am not. also forgot to add that i am getting a sync loss count of 2 every time i press burn is that normal.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

It seems to have lost sync when you burned changes, which is fairly normal (burning settings to an MS2 takes a lot of the processor's time that it can't use for running the engine). Do you have a data log of the hard starting issue?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
90supraturbo1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 90supraturbo1 »

got one of cranking and starts for a 1 sec and dies and backfires
90supraturbo1
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 90supraturbo1 »

well i was using the 5vz install settings for all the resistors turn out that the R3 uses a 470k resistor to the 12v but i switch it to the vr settings on the diy pnp manual which says to use the 470k but in the 5v position and now the truck starts with no issues and so far no more sync errors.